One of the most challenging aspects of being a supervisor or manager is having to have difficult conversations. Those conversations about personal hygiene, tardiness, performance, attitude, dress sense or language use. These are all areas where intervention is absolutely critical, however we shy away from having these conversations as they are awkward, embarrassing or just uncomfortable. Luckily, there is a way to master these conversations, where you can learn how to broach difficult topics and maintain a calm and rational manner.
This intensive 1 day course will guide supervisors and managers on how to:
- Identify what manner of intervention is required dependant on the staff member’s behaviour – sometimes a conversation isn’t enough
- Initiate a difficult conversation in a professional and empathetic manner
- Carefully assess the body language and verbal responses during difficult conversations so that you are prepared with a response
- Use proven conversation techniques and templates for a variety of common yet uncomfortable workplace scenarios
- Ensure that your difficult conversations result in behaviour change and end on a positive note